Takes place everyTuesday and Wednesday from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm.
Volunteer Orientation is the first Monday of every month from 1:30-3 pm; and the third Thursday of every month from 9:30-11 am. Training is mandatory prior to volunteering. For training please contact Barb Karacic at 847-623-2112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Two to four volunteers are needed to assist during the hours that the food pantry is open to the public. The pantry is located at 912 8th Street in Waukegan. Volunteer positions are as follows:
- Greeter: Greets clients as they enter and hands out number to each.
- Info locater: Locates client’s information on the computer. Calls clients into interviewer by number.
- Interviewer: Assists client in completing required paperwork and fills out information needed for completing client’s food order.
- Food bagger: Fills bags with food based on food order sheet and gives bags to clients.
- Stocker: Pulls items from top shelves and restocks shelves as necessary.
- Clothing Room: Assists as needed in clothing room.
During the months of July and August, members of Creed assist by playing games and entertaining children who come to the pantry with their parents.